By popular demand, the dungarees style with zipper pocket is experiencing a revival in the true sense of the word: Rock'n'Roll until I die...and beyond!
The dungarees, which were once doomed due to a lack of material, are now returning made from sustainable fabric - and who knows, maybe there really is still some of the original denim in them, because they're partly made from recycled cotton scraps. For this, old jeans have to go through hell once in the "reuse" by being torn, shredded and reduced to the smallest fibers, but are given a second life in the "recylen" and are hellishly well equipped for a hard-wearing, new life!
Casual 50s dungarees made of sturdy 13.5 oz reused denim.
The dungarees aren't pre-washed and have a dark blue coloring. The high quality denim was made from 40% recycled or reused cotton, making it resource friendly. The cut is particularly authentic due to the zipper pocket on the bib. Pants with such a pocket were very popular in the 40/50s. The first person to invent this pocket shape was Oscar Berman - he patented his design on April 18, 1936. Inspired by this fantastic idea, which rightly made it to a patent, our dungarees don't lack other accommodations: two patch pockets with logo embroidery on the back, a folding rule pocket and a hammer loop on the legs, two side pockets on the front and different pockets on the bib. A billet pocket and the small loop for attaching a wallet chain complete the large amount of space. An additional detail: the buttonhole on the top edge of the bib for attaching watch or key chains: just like in the good old days! Rivets in the shape of screw nuts as well as logo buttons in antique brass fit fantastically to the classic contrasting stitching color and round off the jeans perfectly. Packed in a sturdy jute bag with print and a small pocket with your gimmick peeking out: the bottle opener "Open. Drink. Repeat."
The details of the RAW Revival dungarees at a glance:
- Material: Cotton
- Composition: 60% cotton, 20% reused and 20% recycled cotton
- 13.5 oz high quality RAW denim, not pre-washed - shrinks approx. 1 cm in length during the 1st wash
- Color: blue
- Pattern: plain
- Wide, straight cut for csual workwear look
- Distinctive features: label on cuff, logo embroidery on pockets, 59 rivets and buttons
- Basics: classic button-fly, billet pocket, hammer loop and folding rule pocket
- Details: bib with pockets, zipper and buttonhole
- Packed in sturdy jute bag with print and small pocket
- Gimmick: Bottle opener - Open. Drink. Repeat.
- Info: The measurements in the size chart are measured WITHOUT turn-up!
Our model is 172 cm tall and wears these jeans in size 30/32.
Rumble59 offers a great selection of cool 50's Denim styles
! These durable dungarees made of sustainable materials should definitely move into your rockabilly closet.